It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

is there a clearfsimport feature for RTC

Tony Gyepi-Garbrah (5511419) | asked May 08 '13, 11:03 a.m.
 I prefer to import several change items, folders to a RTC Work Stream Project. I wanted to know whether there is a clearfsimport utility or feature that I can utilize for RTC?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 08 '13, 11:37 a.m.
 Hi Tony,  if you create an empty project in Eclipse, you can then use File > Import > General > File System you can point to that directory structure and import that into the eclipse project you just made.  You can then share that into your Jazz repository. 
Tony Gyepi-Garbrah selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tony Gyepi-Garbrah commented May 08 '13, 11:50 a.m.

Josh, Thank you again for the quick answer. In my case I will making updates to an existing project. I wanted to know if I can do this through a comand line interface.  

Josh Crawford commented May 08 '13, 3:06 p.m.

Hi Tony, you can use scm checkin to commit a new directory structure to a project that has been shared to Jazz.  For example I put a directory called OpenSSL-Win64 into a component and it checks in everything in that directory. 

D:\rtcinstalls\RTC-Client-Win-3.0.1.5\jazz\scmtools\eclipse>scm checkin JKEBusinessData\OpenSSL-Win64
Committing...
Workspace: (1057) "JCBRM" <-> (1041) "BRM Stream"
  Component: (1043) "Banking Logic" <-> (1041) "BRM Stream"
    Outgoing:
      Change sets:
        (1069)  *--@  <No comment>
          Changes:
            --a-- \JKEBusinessData\OpenSSL-Win64\
            --a-- \JKEBusinessData\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\
            --a-- \JKEBusinessData\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\4758

Tony Gyepi-Garbrah commented May 13 '13, 12:05 p.m.

Josh; thank you for the information. This is helpful, and I will try this once I get access. In my case I will not have access to the jazz team server. This may be a limitation of my access level.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.