It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC: How I capture visibility component of Streams using Advisor operation?

Fabiano lima (17316) | asked Feb 22 '16, 2:02 p.m.
edited Feb 22 '16, 7:35 p.m.
I am creating an Advisor to control and manage the access the components of Streams in RTC. In Streams, how I capture the visibility of components? See part of code:

public void run(AdvisableOperation operation, IProcessConfigurationElement advisorConfiguration, IAdvisorInfoCollector collector,
            IProgressMonitor monitor)
        throws TeamRepositoryException
    {
IRepositoryItemService repo = getService(IRepositoryItemService.class);
        IAccessGroupService groupService = getService(IAccessGroupService.class);
        IComponentService ics = getService(IComponentService.class);
        Class<?> classe = operation.getOperationData().getClass();
        Object data = operation.getOperationData();
        if (data instanceof IComponentModificationData)
            {
            IComponentModificationData modificationData = (IComponentModificationData) data;

}

}

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 23 '16, 2:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please provide information what you want to do. From your question I can't tell.

Fabiano lima commented Feb 24 '16, 7:52 a.m.

I want that components created in Streams will always private. So I verify during creation, the visibility that was user choice.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 26 '16, 5:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

How do you know what was the user's desired visibility?   Note that (to my knowledge) a precondition cannot pop up a dialog for interacting with the user, so you cannot use a precondition to ask the user interactively to confirm something.

One answer

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Feb 23 '16, 4:08 a.m.
Hi,
component ownership and visibility on server side could be configured using this method: IScmService.setComponentOwnerAndVisibility.

Stream visibility, on the other side, are provided by IScmService.setWorkspaceOwnerAndVisibility and IScmService.setWorkspaceVisibility

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.