It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Planning can not be used because the Project Configuration is invalid. Check the details for further information.: The backlog iteration '/development/backlog' for the timeline 'development' could not be resolved

Steve Comfort (1529) | asked Feb 22 '16, 6:21 a.m.
 I would like to know how to resolve the above error. I am trying to create a "traditional" project plan using the Formal Project management (RUP) template.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 22 '16, 8:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When does that error message pop up? In which context? What are you doing?

Make sure you have a timeline/project timeline called Development with identifier "development" and underneath an iteration with Identifier "backlog".

Or open the project configuration in the Eclipse editor - right click and open it. change to the process configuration tab and open Project Configuration>Configuration Data>Planning>General and check the setting for the Backlog iteration.
Steve Comfort selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Feb 22 '16, 10:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Steve,

I guess there was a backlog iteration with id "backlog" defined under the timeline "development" which now may have been moved to a different hierarchy..

review the timelines on the project and ensure that there is a backlog iteration with id "backlog" under the "development" timeline.

hope this helps.

Regards,
Dinesh

Comments
Steve Comfort commented Feb 23 '16, 1:16 a.m.

Hi Dinesh,

I think that path is internal to Jazz, and does not relate to the actual names you used for your timelines. The bug was caused by me dragging the Backlog around the hierarchy. Ralph's answer below provides a fix.

Best regards
Steve

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.