It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirements Composer -Cognos Datawarehouse. Where is the "Primary Text" attribute?

Tony Kwa (20822) | asked Feb 18 '16, 1:00 a.m.
I am in the process of writing reports to support our project.    I have one one variation in our Project Repositories where they have used the "Requirement Name" and "Primary Text" Attributes.   Their repository has approx 2000 Requirements thus far.

If I look at the COgnos Schema for our Jazz Repository - I can identify the records for that specific project.  WHat I can not find is the Attribute that Holds the Primary text attribute.   THe Requirement Name attribute matches  the data I expect to see but nothing in the Cognos "Operational Data Store" folder.    The Primary Text field is a core mandatory attribute of any Requirement type.   It is automatically provided when you create a requirement type.

Can anybody tell me where the Primary Text field is kept in the Cognos Operational Data store and how it is link to the Requirement Record definition?

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 18 '16, 4:58 a.m.
edited Feb 18 '16, 5:00 a.m.
Hello Tony,

The primary text is stored in the following table in the data warehouse: riods.requirement_ptext
The matching element of the data model is: Operational Data Store > Requirement Area > Requirement > Primary Text

It's important to note that by default, the collection of the Primary Text information is disabled in the Java ETL and in Data Manager.

To enable it in the Java ETL:

Change Load Requirement Primary Text to true.

To enable it in Data Manager:

Change loadPrimaryText to TRUE.
This will make the ETL go through the alternative node that also collects the primary text.

NOTE: In both cases you will need to run a full ETL for Requirements (in the Java ETL) or the RM Job (in Data Manager).

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Tony Kwa commented Feb 18 '16, 7:31 p.m.

Hi Francesco
You got me all hopeful!!   I found the  property Manage Server Admin page BUT it doesn't have "Load Requirement Primary Text" property.  We are on CLM Version 4.02  does that make a difference?

We have the same properties up to "Generate Names for Requirements with Empty Name".  But No "Load Requirement Primary Text" Property.
Please advice.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 19 '16, 4:54 a.m.
Hello Tony,

this feature has been added in RRC 4.0.5; see the release note:

Rational Requirements Composer 4.0.5
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-requirements-composer/releases/4.0.5?p=news#TOC_C_a
In 4.0.5, you can use new requirements management reporting metrics to report on new data measurements, especially in the scope of a collection. Optionally, you can configure the system to load the main requirements content (primary text) in the data warehouse, which is turned off by default.
Best Regards,
Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.