It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading DBMS from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2016 - Any gotchas?

Michael Reed (126516) | asked Aug 06 '19, 1:27 p.m.
Hi all,

I have a customer with CLM v5.0.2 wanting to upgrade to v6.0.6.1. One of the prerequisites is a minimum of SQL Server 2014 but the goal is to go to SQL Server 2016 SP2 directly.

Are there any specific changes to the databases that needs to occur or is this just an update of the DBMS and the associated JDBC jar for transactions?

Thanks for any clarification you might be able to provide. I just want to be sure I convey this information correctly to the customer for their expectations.

Cheers!

-michael

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Aug 06 '19, 1:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 06 '19, 1:36 p.m.
Hi Michael,

We saw with 2014 that you needed to use the 2012 optimiser : 

There are no specific changes that need to be made from 5.0.2 to 6.0.6.1.  Upgrade the DB as per Microsot instructions and then follow the Upgrade guide and Interactive Upgrade Guide https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-doors-next-generation/releases/6.0.6.1?p=upgrading

Kind regards,
Paul
Michael Reed selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Reed commented Aug 06 '19, 2:07 p.m.
Thank you for taking the time to respond Paul. I had not seen anything when I was reviewing the IBM side of things but I will double check with Microsoft to see what their DB upgrade steps are so I can relay that to the customer. Their DBA is a contracted resource so I like to be sure I provide as much detail as possible to the customer ahead of time.

All the best!

-michael

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.