It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Experiencing removed tomcat binaries when adding CLM applications

Thomas Karlkvist (1113) | asked Feb 14 '16, 10:09 a.m.
 I wouyld like to know if anyone else have tried this, and what the outcome has been.

- Having used webinstall for CLM v6.0.1, CLM foundation applications was installed using tomcat and Derby
This setup is working perfectly
NB I managed to download the webinstall repositories locally and have a Package Repository on file server

- Wanting then to add left out applications (GC, LDX) I rerun installation, select these applications, and install
During this installation one is, as normal, asked whether to install Tomcat as web application server

Here I am faced with problems
- When selecting no, and pointing to the existing tomcat at 
C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\webapps
I find every file in tomcat bin directory is removed after completing the installation
Has anyone else expereinced this?
NB. The suggested path for server webapps misses out on tomcat; ...\server\webapps

- When selecting yes, I cannot install tomcat due to existing tomcat installation
Naturally I can try removing the tomcat, after saving configurations, and run again.

But the question, to clarify:
-> Have anyone else experienced an emptied tomcat binary directory after adding CLM applications on an existing installation?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 14 '16, 7:16 p.m.

I haven't actually seen this but I can imagine the installation script can have a hard time with an existing copy of Tomcat, as the Tomcat configuration can be modified to be different from the default values.

One answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Mar 02 '16, 11:45 a.m.
I ran into this issue.  I opened a jazz defect which i can not find now.
I was told that when installing additional apps, to select yes to install TOmcat.
I did not test out, however I would suggest to backup the config files before trying this approach.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.