It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0 to 4.0.0.1 upgrade question

Dustan Daniel (3921723) | asked Oct 03 '12, 4:38 a.m.
retagged Nov 05 '12, 12:07 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
Hi Jazz,

I recently upgraded to v4.0.0.1 following the same procedure as the upgrade from v3 to v4. Everything appeared to run smoothly. However once I started the JTS, the QM application type appeared as unknown, existing QM projects were lost and the qm/scr path could not be referenced.

Anyone else experience this? My resolution was to uninstall QM, reinstall QM and re-register. However, this is not a viable option as all QM projects were lost.

This was done on a test server. We are planning on upgrading production to v4.0.0.1 but cannot risk the same occurring after the upgrade on Production.

Ideas?

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Oct 03 '12, 11:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@ddaniel: I opened defect Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.0.1 resulted in errors (234989). We'll track this issue there.

Dustan Daniel commented Oct 04 '12, 5:04 a.m. | edited Oct 04 '12, 5:05 a.m.

Since this initial forum post, our Production RRC has become unstable. I have logged a PMR. Regarding the upgrade on our test server, I re-ran the upgrade on another test server and the upgrade process ran successfully from v4.0 to v4.0.0.1. Not sure now if this was an isolated incident on the first test server. The only difference between the two test servers, was that the first one had DM 4 installed.  The only issue I had with the second upgrade was that my LDAP configuration was not working after the upgrade. I had Save Tomcat Config Files from JTS/Setup and replace the server.xml and web.xml.  This was something i did not have to do previously when upgrading from CLM 3.0.1.1 to CLM 4.0.

long TRUONG commented Oct 04 '12, 12:47 p.m.

@Bo:  Does this mean that we should hold our upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.0.1  if we have QM, till the situation is either clarified or resolved ? Note that we have all on same server . hence need to upgrade all JTS, RTC. RRC, RQM to same level.

One answer

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Oct 04 '12, 3:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@longatbca: I have not seen reports of others seeing this same issue. I would suggest you try upgrade on a test server to verify that the upgrade will work for you. The problem above may be a configuration issue or some mis-step during upgrade and it is being investigated.

btw, @bkchulin will message me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.