It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export bulk testcases from the RQM tool

NIRMAL KUMAR (111) | asked Feb 04 '16, 6:04 a.m.

Hi,

I need to export a bulk of testcases from the RQM, Currently we have an option to export single test case via Run Offline option, but i need an option to export a nearly 100 testcases, please let me know how to export 100 testcases at a time.

Comments
NIRMAL KUMAR commented Feb 05 '16, 4:34 a.m.

Brett, 

Great job, It is working. I can export fifty test cases at time in a zip file. But when i try to view the exported test cases in the excel. The importer is allowing me to select only one test case at a time.  Is there any other option to import multiple rqms files in RQM Excel ADD- in . Please let me know ..

Thanks 

2 answers

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111151) | answered Feb 04 '16, 12:33 p.m.
Hi Nirmal,

Please see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_run_offline.html?lang=en

"Note: To run multiple manual test scripts off-line, select up to 50 test case execution records at a time and then click Run Offline. This creates a compressed file that you can import with the Excel Importer utility. The limit of 50 test case execution records exists to control the size of the exported data. (This feature is only supported for multiple test case execution records, not multiple test cases.)"

Thanks,
Brett

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Feb 05 '16, 7:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can use the RQM Reportable REST API to read/query for various test artifacts, including test cases.  In addition, the RQM API Utility supports reading all <resource type> resources and outputs their XML representation in an XML feed (ATOM XML schema) to the resources file or console (see readAll<resource type>Resources).  Finally, you can export various test artifacts, including test cases to a CSV file from the test artifact table view.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.