It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get a complete list of tags applied to work items?

Daniel Ruebush (9715187) | asked Feb 02 '16, 10:27 p.m.
In RTC, you can place "tags" on different work items and then do a search on a                                                   tag to find the work items. 

Is there a way to find out what all of the tags are?
Just a way to generate a list of tags that have been placed on work items.    

3 answers

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Feb 03 '16, 4:26 a.m.
edited Feb 03 '16, 4:29 a.m.
One way is add the widget from WorkItems widget, "Tag Cloud" to the PA dashboard to display the results based on "Tags" Parameter. The query you create should have a Condition "Status is" and check both "resolved" and "unresolved" for that condition.
Now select the Query in the "Tag Cloud"
You will see all the WIs in the Widget which have Tags added to them. In the Widget drag the "More" slider to maximum. This will result in displaying all the tags associated to the WIs in the PA.

permanent link
Charlie Seo (22127) | answered Feb 03 '16, 12:29 a.m.
Hi Daniel, 

Tag can be added into a query as an attribute you can assign a value to filter. This should bring list of WI containing the tags. 

Comments
Daniel Ruebush commented Feb 03 '16, 12:51 a.m.

Hi Charlie,
What I am looking to get is a list of all tags in all work items.

For example if I have users who applied different tags to different work items in a project. How could I get a compiled list of all the tags in all work items in a project?

For instance if I have 3 users who submitted 3 work items.
User 1 tagged his work item with "QA"
User 2 tagged his work item with "Development" & "Investigation"
User 3 tagged her work item with "testing"

Is there a way to query my project to get a list of all tags people have used in their workitems:
QA
Development
Investigation
testing

permanent link
Daniel Ruebush (9715187) | answered Feb 24 '16, 2:48 p.m.
Apart from the Tag cloud option, you could export (get) the tags listed in two other ways:                                                              
1) Use the Work items statistics widget and set it up in the table view as men                                                                tioned in the screenshot:
Tag Presentations.png                                      
2) Create a query that would list out all the Work items in the PA, with the sort factor setup for Tags in descending order. Once the list is ready export it to a CSV.              

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.