It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move changes from an outgoing folder back to unresolved folder

Nitin Verma (1346) | asked Jun 11 '15, 10:26 p.m.
edited Jun 12 '15, 3:09 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 I am using Rational Team Concert 5.0.2 version plugin in Rational Functional Tester 8.6.0.3 . I had changes in my Unresolved folder of Pending Changes view.I checked- in some of these changes so they moved to Outgoing folder.But now I want to move these changes back from Outgoing folder to Unresolved folder.Can I know the best way to do it ?

I tried Undo but it is totally removing those changes from my workspace . I just want to move changes back from Outgoing folder to Unresolved folder 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 12 '15, 3:11 a.m. | edited Jun 12 '15, 3:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do that?

Nitin Verma commented Jun 14 '15, 7:14 p.m.

I had many unresolved changes and I had one incoming change set from my team mate.When I accepted that change set I got a message asking whether I want to accept and check in all unresovled changes or just accept incoming changes.changes. By Mistake I selected 1st option "accept and check in all unresovled changes" .I was still working on those unresolved changes did not want them to check inĀ 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 12 '15, 12:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
First right click on that change set, and select "Suspend".   Then in the suspended folder, right click on that change set and select "New->Patch".   Then use the "Project -> Apply_Patch" operation.  Then right click on the change set in the suspended folder, and select "Discard".
Nitin Verma selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nitin Verma commented Jun 15 '15, 2:12 a.m.

Thanks Geoffrey , this solution works

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.