It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you set a notification in RTC that sends an e-mail when a specific file in the source control is modified?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Jun 04 '13, 6:39 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '15, 8:05 a.m. by Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738)
Hello,

I am working with RTC 4.x.

As the summary question suggests, is there a non-extension method that allows me to set the system to automatically send an e-mail notification when a specific file in the repository is modified?

Thank you!

Andrew

Accepted answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jun 04 '13, 7:05 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '15, 8:06 a.m.
There is no way to do it in IBM Rational Team Concert, as far as I know.
There are a number of Enhancements aimed at refining the email notification system, but I haven't found one that covers your request.
I suggest you use the RFE Community to create a request for enhancement.
Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 17 '15, 9:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is noting out of the box.

It should be possible to create a follow up action that does this. The code in this advisor would be a starting point: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/restrict-delivery-of-changesets-to-workitem-types-advisordelivery-of-changesets-associated-to-wrong-work-item-types-advisor/

Keep in mind, an advisor can prevent the deliver, a follow up action or participant can do something after some event has been detected.

RTC provides versionable metadata on file versions, this could for example be used to detect that a mail needs to be sent. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.