It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG -> RTC -- Random Questions

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Feb 02 '16, 9:17 a.m.
edited Feb 02 '16, 9:18 a.m.
CLM 502

We have users experimenting on migrating from their own RM types (Business Requirements/Functional Requirements) to RTC Business Needs. When you connect the plan to a Module, is it possible to only display the previously mentioned RM types? We get Header and other useless RM types...

Also, how does it determine order? The link from RM/CCM seems to display the artifacts in a random order...

thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Feb 03 '16, 6:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For filtering the items in a module to link to, you can create a view within that module that contains only the artifacts you want to link to (e.g., no headings, etc.).  Make sure that view is shared, but used "Just for this module".  Then when linking to that module, navigate to where that module is, and underneath module you should see the view listed as well.  You can link to that view. 

Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 02 '16, 7:43 p.m.
I believe you can only link "Collection" to a plan. In other words, even you link a module, it is still treated as a collection, within which the artifacts have no order at all.

For filtering artifact types, I can't see any existing feature to do so, and I would suggest creating a new collection containing the necessary artifacts and link the new collection to the plan - it is quite easy to select such artifacts when combining the Artifact Type and Where Used filters.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.