It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need a version 4.x sandbox server so I can try out the sample example RTC Project.

Constance Martin-Wilson (924) | asked Jan 26 '16, 3:34 p.m.
I already have an RTC Client, version 4.x that I use for other projects, that are using
various versions of RTC 5, 4, 6. And those servers suport version 4 RTC clients no problems.
I'm able to load all of these repositories with my version 4 RTC Client.

But I can't connect to the Jazz.net Sandbox,
I cannot do a File->New->Example... Team Concert Example Project
Create new repository
uri https://jazz.net/sandbox02-ccm
username - my jazz.net one
password - my jazz.net one

Error message is my client 4.0.6 is incompatible with  my server 6.0.1.
the client is not compatible with the server at jazz.net.

Can you tell me what is the sandbox on jazz.net that I can use?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 26 '16, 6:32 p.m.
I believe the jazz.net sandboxes are always of the newest version - it's currently 6.0.2 M1.

Also, RTC officially supports version N-1 for the clients. So you need 5.0.x as the oldest in order to connect to the 6.0.2 M1 sandboxes.
Constance Martin-Wilson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alan Sampson commented Jan 27 '16, 3:18 a.m. | edited Jan 27 '16, 3:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should review this posting too:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/155756/is-it-possible-to-prevent-3x-rtc-eclipse-clients-connecting-to-a-4x-or-5x-clm-server
It discusses the penalties that will be paid if you permit older versions of clients to connect to a server. The posting also describes the steps you can take to enforce these policies.
Remember that there are no restrictions on the number of copies of the RTC client you can install on a workstation (I have clients ranging from 3.0.1.1 to 6.0.1 installed plus other Eclipse clients with various levels of the p2 repository added). The easiest way to achieve this is to download the zip version (or the p2 repository so you can add it to an existing Eclipse IDE) from the RTC download pages.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.