It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the rm/exporter process and why is it running hard ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Jan 22 '16, 2:56 p.m.
Hi,

JTS/RM/QM @ 5.0.2 on AIX

I'm noticing one of my RM applications is launching server/rm/conf/exporter and that leaves a process running that has a noticible affinity for the CPU.   I can't find any issues in the JTS, RM or WebSphere logs that leave any indication of what might be happening.

Any suggestions of where to look for more clues ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jul 13 '16, 12:40 p.m.
This issue still exists in 6.0.2 ifix2 WITH the Oracle Outside In patch from May 2016.

Opened RM Defect 107984
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 24 '16, 7:42 p.m.
You do mean server/conf/rm/exporter, right?

That is the Oracle Outside In library, which I believe takes care of converting supporting file formats to images. If you search "OutsideIn" or "OIT" in the jazz.net RM project area (if you have access to), you will find many related work items.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jan 27 '16, 10:12 a.m.

Is that related to:

Quality Management Microsoft Word and Excel client 

see this question for more context

Donald Nong commented Jan 27 '16, 8:06 p.m.

I don't see any relationship between them. :-)

This one is RM and the other QM. This one is server side and the other client side. I believe the "Quality Management Microsoft Word and Excel client" term refers to the RQM Word/Excel Importer which converts the documents to XML files (not images) and then import them into QM to create/update test artifacts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.