How to use My SQL DB RQM 4.0.6 with RQM 6.0.1
Hi All,
I am currently setup a new fresh installation of rqm 6.0.1. For safety reason, i have following all the guidance including setup a new db step. RQM is now live.
Then, I have backup db (.bak file) from previous DB rqm 4.0.6, how can I used those previous db in my rqm.?
i know that i must restore it first, but how to connect jts/rqm and use those db.?
thx
3 answers
You cannot do it this way. You need to do a proper upgrade from RQM 4.0.6 to RQM 6.0.1, including the database. Check the interactive guide for the detailed instructions.
As Donald noted, you cannot do that. You can change the JDBC connection to previous 4.0.6 database but it will fail. RQM 6.0.x (or another version other than 4.0.6) cannot use that database. The database must be upgraded through the upgrade script process (e.g. repotools addTables, etc.)
Thanks,
Brett
Thanks,
Brett
Then, how if I install new rqm 4.0.6, and use those previous db rqm 4.0.6 .bak files?