It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use My SQL DB RQM 4.0.6 with RQM 6.0.1

Prussian Eka Pradana (1317) | asked Jan 15 '16, 12:31 a.m.
 Hi All,

I am currently setup a new fresh installation of rqm 6.0.1. For safety reason, i have following all the guidance including setup a new db step. RQM is now live.

Then, I have backup db (.bak file) from previous DB rqm 4.0.6, how can I used those previous db in my rqm.?
i know that i must restore it first, but how to connect jts/rqm and use those db.?

thx

3 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jan 15 '16, 4:39 a.m.
You cannot do it this way. You need to do a proper upgrade from RQM 4.0.6 to RQM 6.0.1, including the database. Check the interactive guide for the detailed instructions.

Comments
Prussian Eka Pradana commented Jan 15 '16, 10:39 a.m.

the previous rqm was uninstalled. i cannot going through upgrading method

any solution.? 
can i change the value of db location that provided in jts setup screen, and pointed to previous db?

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111157) | answered Jan 15 '16, 12:28 p.m.
edited Jan 15 '16, 12:28 p.m.
As Donald noted, you cannot do that. You can change the JDBC connection to previous 4.0.6 database but it will fail. RQM 6.0.x (or another version other than 4.0.6) cannot use that database. The database must be upgraded through the upgrade script process (e.g. repotools addTables, etc.)

Thanks,
Brett

permanent link
Prussian Eka Pradana (1317) | answered Jan 17 '16, 11:30 p.m.
Then, how if I install new rqm 4.0.6, and use those previous db rqm 4.0.6 .bak files? 

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 17 '16, 11:50 p.m. | edited Jan 17 '16, 11:50 p.m.

If you have a backup of the original (4.0.6) teamserver.properties file, you can install RQM 4.0.6 in the exactly same location, replace the file with the backup, and start up the server. That's it. Otherwise, you should still be able to point to the existing database during the setup process.
If you need assistance along the way, I suggest you contact Support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.