It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Q] DNG (DOORS Next Generation), CSV export menu disable (hide)

Taemin(TM) KO (91410) | asked Jan 14 '16, 12:01 a.m.
edited Jan 14 '16, 12:25 a.m.
There are 2 embedded menus of CSV export in DNG. One is located in the upper right corner of collection which has more than 1 artifacts. The other is in the artifact menu that is displayed in menu box when I select more than 1 artifacts and click pencil icon.

Is it possible to disable (or hide) CSV export menu?

The reason I ask the question is:
We use DRM (Digital Rights Management) System to encrypt specific documents for security reason. CSV is among the scope of DRM as in the case of DOC(X), XLS(X) as well. When I create CSV file in text editer or MS-Office Excel and save, the file is automatically encrypted with DRM solution. It goes well with Security Policy. However, the problem is, when I create CSV file from DNG with the menus I mentioned above, I get CSV file without DRM encrypted, which is not acceptable from Security perspective.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jan 17 '16, 10:19 p.m.
Based on your description, the security does allow CSV files but they have to be encrypted, right? Does your DRM system work with browsers? If so, can you configure it in a way that the DRM system encrypts certain types of files "downloaded" within the browser?
Taemin(TM) KO selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Taemin(TM) KO commented Jan 18 '16, 6:03 a.m.

Donald,

Thank you for your reply. CSV is another one that should be officially encrypted by DRM solution. If I works with CSV file in whatever editor, such as notepad, meaning it is encrypted when I save into my disk. It's same with CSV file downloaded by DNG, once I open it into editor and save, it is encrypted. However, when it is downloaded by DNG, it is not automatically encrypted. I'm not quite sure but I assume that DRM solution intercept when I save into disk from client applications such as notepad or MS-office, however it cannot intercept when browser saves into disk. That is what you suggested as I understand, but is not something that works. We already asked DRM solution provider and got an answer it is not possible to encrypt csv file downloaded by browser. Since I'm not an expert with DRM solution, I'm not quite sure if it is something possible but they don't / can't or it is something impossible.

My colleague is working to find out a way to disable CSV export menu in DNG but I'm afraid it would not be possible either unfortunately.

Thank you for your reply :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.