It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customizing work items

Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | asked Aug 04 '09, 9:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I'm working on customizing work items and have run into a few issues....If there is an article that already addresses these questions, sorry! Please point me to it. :)

It seems that once I select a process for a project area, I am unable to change to a different process. Is this true? If so, is there a reason behind this or has the ability to change the process not been implemented yet?

I decided to start customizing work items by making some of the attributes mandatory. Before customizing the work item, I had created Project Area A using my custom process. After editing the work item to make some fields mandatory, I created a new work item using my customized work item, but the attributes were not mandatory. I then created a new Project Area B using my custom process and created a new work item using my customized work item. This time, the fields were mandatory. It seems that once the project area has been created, changes to the work items are not updated. Is this true? If so, is there a reason or is this a glitch in the system?

Lauren

2 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Aug 04 '09, 9:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A follow up question... While the fields I set as mandatory (by going in the Operation Behavior area of the Team Configuration Area of the Process Template) have a red star next to them to indicate they are required, I am able to save the work item without inputting anything in those fields. All that is actually required for save are the original mandatory fields: Summary and Filed Against.

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Aug 04 '09, 5:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I figured out what was going wrong.... I was editing the original process template rather than the process stored with the project area.

Hi,

I'm working on customizing work items and have run into a few issues....If there is an article that already addresses these questions, sorry! Please point me to it. :)

It seems that once I select a process for a project area, I am unable to change to a different process. Is this true? If so, is there a reason behind this or has the ability to change the process not been implemented yet?

I decided to start customizing work items by making some of the attributes mandatory. Before customizing the work item, I had created Project Area A using my custom process. After editing the work item to make some fields mandatory, I created a new work item using my customized work item, but the attributes were not mandatory. I then created a new Project Area B using my custom process and created a new work item using my customized work item. This time, the fields were mandatory. It seems that once the project area has been created, changes to the work items are not updated. Is this true? If so, is there a reason or is this a glitch in the system?

Lauren

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.