It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I create a default value for a Boolean attribute?

Geoff Alexander (18623839) | asked Jan 31 '11, 4:54 p.m.
I'd like to specify a default value for a Boolean attribute. I looked at creating a Default Value Attribute Customization using Process Configuration -> Work Items -> Attribute Customization -> Default Values -> Add... on the Process Configuration tab . The problem is that there's no Boolean type in the Type drop-down on the Add Configuration dialog.

Also, is the default value for a Boolean attribute guaranteed to be false when I don't explicitly specify a default value?

I'm using RTC 3.0.

Thanks,
Geoff Alexander

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (58.7k23642) | answered Feb 01 '11, 12:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Geoff,

I'd like to suggest to post this in the Using Team Concert forum. I quickly looked into it and couldn't find a solution either in the process customization UI.

Ralph

I'd like to specify a default value for a Boolean attribute. I looked at creating a Default Value Attribute Customization using Process Configuration -> Work Items -> Attribute Customization -> Default Values -> Add... on the Process Configuration tab . The problem is that there's no Boolean type in the Type drop-down on the Add Configuration dialog.

Also, is the default value for a Boolean attribute guaranteed to be false when I don't explicitly specify a default value?

I'm using RTC 3.0.

Thanks,
Geoff Alexander

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Aug 09 '12, 10:44 a.m.

Hi Ralph Would your answer be the same with CLM2012

Thanks erwin

Erwin Kunz commented Aug 09 '12, 10:47 a.m. | edited Aug 09 '12, 10:51 a.m.

Sorry Ralph, I just found out that this is now possible with the Eclipse for 4.0 Thanks erwin

permanent link
diego santos (3611) | answered Mar 21 '11, 8:53 a.m.
Guys,

Was needing to assign a default value for a field of type booelan today could do so through the following procedure:

Steps:

1. Create a java script as below:

dojo.provide ("com.example.common.DefaultBooleanTrue");
(function () {
dojo.declare (com.example.common.DefaultBooleanTrue ", null, {
getValue: function (attribute, WorkItem configuration) {
return true;
}
__sentinel: null
});
})();

I used the article: Customizing attributes, as I am not the programmer code was not that great but it worked ;-)

2. Additions to the script in the project as described in the article: Customizing attributes

3. In the Process xml I pasted the following snippet:
<valueProviders>
<valueProvider id="DefaultBooleanTrue" name="Default Booelan True" providerId="com.ibm.team.workitem.shared.common.internal.valueProviders.ScriptAttributeValueProvider">
<script class="com.example.common.DefaultBooleanTrue"/>
</valueProvider>
</valueProviders>

4. In the configuration process: Types and Attributes, select the attribute and assign the "DefaultBooelanTrue" as a value calculated from the field.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.