It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission based state in workflow

P. A. (1859) | asked Jan 11 '16, 11:49 a.m.
 Hi,

I'm developing a workflow, which will be somewhat customized version of out of the box defect workflow in RTC. I have the workflow setup already but I'd like to add permission to certain states.

For example, the defect can be set to "Resolved" or "In Progress" by the individual that it's assigned to. Or, it can be changed to "Verified" state only by the original user who created the defect work item. Can this sort of permission be assigned to work item states? If so, how do I do it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 11 '16, 12:29 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This functionality is requested in work item Add special "owner" and "creator" roles, that specifies what the "owner" and "creator" respectively of an object can do to the object (88779)
This work item is not currently scheduled for implementation, so you'll want to vote it up if you are interested in it getting done.   Until that is implemented, you would need to implement your own custom Operation Behavior pre-condition to achieve this effect.
P. A. selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
P. A. commented Jan 11 '16, 3:43 p.m.

Thanks Geoffrey for the info

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.