It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mention Linking

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Sep 04 '14, 11:49 a.m.
What field type do not do the "mention linking"?  I am doing an import from another system into RTC and have had problems with the imported records now linking/mentioning other RTC records that are not releated.

One answer

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Sep 04 '14, 12:55 p.m.
 "Mentions" hyperlinks are set up when the words "work item" and then the ID number are used in the Summary, Description or Discussion fields.  Also, I've seen "mentions links" created when you have the work item type followed by a number in these fields.

To make sure you don't get these mentions links created, you'll have to look at the Summary, Description, and Discussion fields and be sure that if a work item type is followed by a number, you put in a character that defeats that pattern (like an underscore instead of a space between the work item type and the number).

Hope this helps.

Comments
Robert Carter commented Sep 04 '14, 1:40 p.m.

So does that mean the the following field types are "mentioned active"

Large HTML

Medium HTML

Comments

Other fields like, small string, medium string and long string are not affected by the mentions functionality?

I need to create a field to import history from another system where the mentions action will not get triggered. 

Robert Wen commented Sep 04 '14, 2:23 p.m.

Those are the field types used by Summary, Description and Discussion.  It's worth a shot. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.