It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Logging a defect does not show the description of that step

Leesen Padayachee (9956119) | asked Jul 19 '15, 12:11 p.m.
 Hi

I am using CLM 5.0.2. While running through a manual test, I log a defect from a specific step. However in the description in the defect, it does not show that specific step. "To reproduce" only goes up to the previous step and does not show the step where the defect is actually being created. Any reason for this?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Jul 23 '15, 11:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The description is suppose to have the steps up to and including the step which the defect is linked to.  Is the problem specific to a specific test script or all test script?  How many steps are there in the test script?  If it is a lot, can you try a test script with just a couple of steps.  I am wondering if it is hitting the max limit of the string size.  Are there non-text content in that step?  Please submit a defect with the detail information.

Comments
Don Yang commented Jul 23 '15, 7:55 p.m.

Hi, Paul

I think this is the common behavior in all scripts from v5.0 to v5.0.2 as I can see(a couple of lines of scripts will work the same): to reproduce only have the steps up to the previous step and not include the step you have the defect created for.
Easy to reproduce the same in JKE Banking sample.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.