It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade from 1.0.1 Std Ed to 2.0 Ent Ed fails

Sunil Kumar Perla (71143) | asked Aug 03 '09, 5:31 a.m.
Ent Ed 2.0 installation works fine with blank db. However, upgrading from 1.0.1 repository to 2.0 using repotools doesn't work.

The import itself works without errors, but throws an error message connecting to the db. From the webclient, here is the error: "DB2 is not valid for the property db2.vendor. The DB2 database vendor is not supported by the database license".

Running repotools -createTables and opting to overwrite the db will allow me to connect to the blank database thats created. I have 2.0 Ent Ed license deployed.

Tried https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DbVendorIsNotSupported , but works only when the db is empty or when I rerun the repotools with createTables thus overwriting the db.

Note: Same export file generated with 1.0.1 repotools works fine if imported to 2.0 Std Ed (different instance). So, I do not think its an issue with export from 1.0.1.

Is upgrading from 1.0.1 Std Ed to 2.0 Ent Ed a valid migration path? Or does it need to be a 2 step process? Step 1 - Upgrade from 1.0.1 Std Ed to 2.0 Std Ed. Step 2 - Upgrade from 2.0 Std Ed to 2.0 Ent Ed (using repotools)?

Any pointers?

Thanks
Sunil

2 answers

permanent link
Sunil Kumar Perla (71143) | answered Aug 03 '09, 9:38 a.m.
I tried the 2 step procedure too.. no luck.

Works fine till 2.0 Std Ed part. Any idea how this can be resolved? - "The "DB2" database vendor is not supported by the server license."

Thanks

permanent link
Sunil Kumar Perla (71143) | answered Aug 03 '09, 11:22 a.m.
This is working now. Here is what I tried:

1. Stopped WAS instance.
2. Removed org.eclipse.* folders from repotools/eclipse/configuration/
3. ./repotools.sh -verify level=5

Thanks
Sunil

I tried the 2 step procedure too.. no luck.

Works fine till 2.0 Std Ed part. Any idea how this can be resolved? - "The "DB2" database vendor is not supported by the server license."

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.