It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how do I create a data record? To record the output of a Test Script?

DALE BREHM (111) | asked Dec 11 '15, 2:20 p.m.

I have created several Test scripts to run manually.   And would like to have test data record to show the results of the test.   Does the QM tool have an option to create such a data record, that would show results and compare to Req.?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Dec 13 '15, 9:30 p.m.
In RQM, test data record can be served as "inputs" of your manual script not output. QM itself has expected result and actual result for each steps and you can export the result to PDF in which the details of expected and actual results  can be found. I am not sure what the purpose you would like to have such a record to show the results(I think this is actual results) and Req(I guess you mean expected result here). For an automation to create a data record, I don't see this feature available currently in RQM.

Comments
DALE BREHM commented Dec 14 '15, 7:49 p.m.

I would like to export the Inputs/Expected Results/Actual Results/Requirements into a Test Data Record.   I can create a manual spreadsheet with these values entered manually.   But thought the RQM tool would have this feature.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.