It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating custom fields with lookup list

Ganesh Narayan (1323) | asked Apr 29 '13, 9:18 a.m.
retagged Apr 30 '13, 8:58 a.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)

Hi,

I would like to create a new attribute to a test case, such as "Approval Status", which needs to hold values "Approved, In Review, Draft, Rejected". The user has to choose one of these values, while entering the details of the test case. Can this be possible in RQM? I tried creating a template test case, modifying template attributes, but everywhere I see only a simple text box kind of a field which can be added newly. Any ideas please?

Regards,

Ganesh.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Apr 29 '13, 10:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can  use categories instead of custom attributes. The default template has categories like "Function", "Test Phase' which can hold multiple values. You can add a new category from  "Manage Project properties".

There was a RFE requesting  support for multiple values for custom attributes and it was closed  as "Won't fix" with suggestion to use "category" instead.
Ganesh Narayan selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Laura Kuczarski (21137) | answered Apr 29 '13, 4:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

There are also a few help topics about using categories:

Organizing with categories
Defining categories and category relationships

permanent link
Ganesh Narayan (1323) | answered Apr 30 '13, 12:12 a.m.
Thanks for immediate response. Categories will help me in defining drop down fields at test case level. But is there any way I can define user defined dropdown fields at a test step level? Also, is there a way I can define input masks for the fields (such as Integer, Date, String, etc.)?

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Apr 30 '13, 7:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently, there is no way to add categories or custom attributes at Test script step level, you can do it only at test script level itself. You can add yourself to this RFE requesting similar feature

You cannot define  input type for categories the way you can do for custom attributes. You can file  an Enhancement request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.