It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I cancel DNG Project Template Creation?

Robert Huet (23112884) | asked Dec 10 '15, 7:00 p.m.

I kicked off the process of creating an DNG project template, including all artifacts.  In retrospect, I should not hve included artifacts, because it has been stuck at 20% for some time.  Is there a way to cancel the process?  The "Cancel" button on the "Create Template" dialog is disabled.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Dec 13 '15, 11:09 p.m.
The creation task is a background (servers side) one, so there is no way to cancel it - it is not meant to interact with the client any more except for feeding the percentage of completion. You can close the dialog by clicking the red cross at the top right corner but it does nothing to the actual creation task.
Robert Huet selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Huet commented Dec 14 '15, 11:20 a.m.

So will the task run in the background indefinitely, or will it eventually error out if the project area is too big?  Will bouncing the RM server kill the task, or will that cause other problems?

Donald Nong commented Dec 14 '15, 6:33 p.m.

I doubt it will be running "indefinitely". It should error out if the creation somehow fails. I don't have a huge project area to test, and when I refresh the Project Template page after a while, the new template just shows up. I cannot comment on the idea of bouncing the server since I don't know the inner working of the template creation, and have no idea what the effect will be.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.