It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

API for Rational Insight Server

Neha Sharma (1326) | asked Dec 01 '15, 4:52 a.m.
 Hi Team,

I need to connect and extract data from Rational Insight Server using either java API or REST API.
Do we have any API being exposed for Rational Insight Server?
Please share tutorial link if there is.

Note: I do not want to use any UI to get data from Rational Insight Server

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 01 '15, 6:03 a.m.
Hello Neha,

can you describe exactly what is your use case and which data do you need?

If you are interested in REST API queries, you can get the data directly from the point applications, without involving Insight.

If you are looking for the data warehouse data, you can directly query the data base.

Insight by itself is a reporting server and it's not supposed to expose data to third party applications.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Neha Sharma commented Dec 01 '15, 7:32 a.m. | edited Dec 01 '15, 7:33 a.m.

I totally understand your point.

I want to extract data which are present in RTC and RQM. [Test and work item related]
The issue is I cannot be provided access to those application but instead access to Insight server would be given. 

I want to write a tool which will extract data from Insight server [RQM and RTC related data] 

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 04 '15, 6:37 a.m.
Hello Neha,

Insight itself does not provide API access.

If the Insight server is the only machine you have access to, the only other option I can think of is to create a report that export the data you desire on CSV or XLS format, schedule it to run on a regular base and save the report output somewhere on the disk / shared drive.
Your application can then use that file as data source.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.