It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Best practice for etl_user in LDAP?

June Boston (1942538) | asked Aug 14 '14, 1:35 p.m.
 Hello,

We are preparing to run Rational Insight on a staging server and have run into an issue where the xdc files generated by Jazz for ODBC cannot authenticate to JTS.  They are using the etl_user, which exists in the Jazz userbase with the correct license but not in the LDAP system that Jazz is connected to.  With the stock Java ETLs, things always ran fine, presumably because it was an internal use of etl_user and not external access like the ODBC/XDC connection is.

Do we have to create an etl_user in our LDAP to perform ETLs properly?  If we are not allowed to for policy reasons, can we assign the ETL license to an existing Jazz Admin and use their account in the xdc files?

Thank you,
June

2 answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Aug 14 '14, 3:23 p.m.

Hi June,
My team uses an LDAP authenticated ID of our own  (not etl_user) and makes sure this user is a Jazz Admin with the data collection license assigned to it, and this has been very successful.  Since this is an LDAP ID, you'll have to remember to update the XDC files whenever the password changes, but otherwise there are no drawbacks to this approach that I'm aware of.

Hope this helps!

Comments
Rafik Jaouani commented Aug 14 '14, 4:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you setup the XDC files with OAuth JTS authentication type, you can use the consumer key and secret associated with the etl-user functional user. The consumer key and secret will be different for each application.

permanent link
Robert Myers (191116) | answered Oct 03 '14, 11:01 a.m.
@jackie  This is a question...Do you know if I need the data collector to be a Jazz Admin so that JRS can run reports against RRDI? I am having difficulties getting changed data to show up in JRS reports in a timely way.  I run the data collection jobs manually but the data in the JRS reports does not get refreshed until the next day

Comments
Francesco Chiossi commented Oct 03 '14, 11:05 a.m.

@robmyer1 the data collector user needs to be part of the JazzAdmin repository group and have the data collector licenses assigned in order to be able to see all the projects.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.