It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Several sub-teams on different timelines but sharing same plan, feasible?

Olivier Béghain (1082133) | asked Nov 25 '15, 3:23 p.m.
retagged Dec 02 '15, 5:09 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
Hello,

I'm actually involved in a large organisation for which I have to reflect how to best structure RTC process templates starting with the timing aspect (cfr. timelines, iterations breakdowns). I therefore need to verify with you (the Jazz community) if my assumption is correct?

In case I would have several (sub)teams defined in a single RTC project area but these (sub-)teams would be associated to different timelines, am i correct if i state that there won't be a possibility to see the work items associated to all of these (sub-)teams in a single plan (since plans are associated to an "iteration" of a particular timeline)?

What about the cross-project plan? Can it be used within a single project area to track depedencies between different teams associated to different timelines?

Regards,
Olivier.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 25 '15, 4:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A cross project plan can track across multiple timelines. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals for some information about how planning works and the fundamentals.      
Olivier Béghain selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Olivier Béghain commented Nov 26 '15, 2:42 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for pointing me to the wiki page!

Btw. is it technically feasible to use both the traditionnal planning scheduler and the agile one within a single project area (each scheduler used ina distincttimeline) or am i forced to work with two project areas to make use of both approaches?

Regards,
Olivier

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 26 '15, 3:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can add some features: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_4.0.0/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_customize_template_formal_features.html

You might be able to add the scheduler as well, but I don't know how and I would not recommend to. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.