It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Don't know how to connect Repository Workspaces with their personal Sand Box

Shankha Acharya (111) | asked Nov 25 '15, 7:10 a.m.
retagged Dec 18 '15, 2:03 a.m. by Surya Tripathi (65017)
 I am new to RTC, Using Visual studio RTC plugin,My situation is as below:

I have 2 Repository Workspace Say R1 and R2
R1 is loaded in S1 sandbox and R2 is loaded in S2 sandbox
Now in a given time there can be only one default sandbox

So if the current Sandbox is S2 and by mistake I do "Refresh Sandbox and Remote changes" on R1
R2's content in S2 gets replaced with R1's content.

Is there any way to map 
R1->S1 
R2->S2
forever?

Comments
Surya Tripathi commented Dec 18 '15, 2:06 a.m.

I am not sure how the operation "Refresh Sandbox and Remote Changes" can replace content of S2 with content of R1. This operation is supposed to refresh your workspace with local changes if they were modified outside Visual Studio. This operation does not change the content of the sandbox. You can see new incoming changes in the pending changes view but unless you accept them, they will not be copied into the sandbox.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 18 '15, 3:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree, unless something else is wrong, the sandboxes should be in folders that don't intersect and mapped as requested.

Also, as far as I am aware, it is only possible to have one sandbox active at any time.

Please check the articles in https://jazz.net/library/#sort=pubDate&tag=scm and especially Jazz Source Control FAQ and https://jazz.net/library/#sort=pubDate&tag=Visual%20Studio especially Frequently Asked Questions about Rational Team Concert client for Visual Studio IDE and Flexible mapping of sources to Jazz components.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.