It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there OLE objects in doors NG 6.0.1M1?

Dinyo Dinev (311235) | asked Nov 25 '15, 3:55 a.m.
Hi,
from the documentations in the Web I saw that in every text attribute can be added Ole objects ,for example word Document(doc), this is true for Doors 9.5 . But is it true for Doors Next Generation?
Because I can click:
Artifact->Upload Artifact-> Browse Files and there I can choose zip,tar,avi,png etc.?
1. Are they embed as OLE objects? Or OLE objects are relevant only in Doors 9.x ,not in NG?
2. In Doors 9.5 you can attach a picture as picture or as OLE object is this choice available here?
3. From the import of the DB from 9.5 to NG, I have rtf files which are named like:
"OLE........some text"
why is this happening?

Accepted answer

permanent link
ian green (17814) | answered Dec 02 '15, 7:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello
DNG supports "uploaded files" which provide a user experience comparable to Microsoft's OLE technology.  On the other hand, DOORS 9 does support OLE.

To answer your specific questions:
  1. They are "uploaded file artefacts" not OLE
  2. You can upload an image - that is an "uploaded file artefact" too.  "DOORS Pictures" are almost exactly the same as DNG uploaded images.
  3. I assume you mean "ReqIF import".  That representation is how DNG imports OLE objects from ReqIF packages. The names you see are the ones allocated by DOORS 9 when the package was created.

cheers

Dinyo Dinev selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dinyo Dinev commented Dec 03 '15, 3:12 a.m.

Thanks for the answer, Ian. You completely answer my questions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.