It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any better way to maintain the enum list?

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Nov 15 '15, 4:36 a.m.
Some business users has the responsibility to maintain the enum list, but it is inconvenient them to modify the project area configuration, currently the way looks like admin work. 
Any one has better solution for business user to quick and easy update the enum list? We can accept customization. 

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 15 '15, 7:33 a.m.
there is currently no other way.

one can edit the XML, but this is worse for a business user

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Nov 16 '15, 3:33 a.m.

Hi,

(sam - would you comment on the below,  could this be possible>?)

I have looked into the development of this for a client but didn't get to finish or test it - so I think this maybe an option but please does need testing.

1. You configure the Enumeration attibute then in the presentation add the new attribute to use a normal Enumeration list - User can just select this and will not show the option to add.. 

2. On a separate Tab / View add in the Same Attribute but call it (ADMIN ONLY) and then tick the Box:  at the bottom of the Edit Presentaiton "Allow to add new Literals".

3. In the Permission you can set the group / role who can add new "Enumeration"  Work Items > Save Enumerations (server) Create new Enumeration value.

So when you create a new WI of that type the Admin - should be able to go in and add the new Enumeration.

This is the part I didn't test is the security model for norm. users as I'm a Jazz Admin but in concept it did work.

Anyway worth a try?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 16 '15, 7:43 a.m.

I think that would work, but only for the Enumerations that are stored in the database, not in the process xml. 

One thing to remember, database stored enumerations cannot be (process sharing).  shared.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.