Can I define the order of attribute customization execution for RTC 3.0.1.1?
2 answers
Hi,
as far as I am aware, the calculation is performed as soon as an attribute is changed that the calculated attribut selects as being dependent of. The order is determined by changes in the dependent attributes.
If you have a calculated value Attribute 3 being dependent on Attribute 1 and Attribute 2 the calculation is triggered if any one of the attributes changes. If you have a chain of dependent attributes, e.g. Attribute 4 being dependent on Attribute 3 the calculation should trigger once a dependent attribute is modified. In the case above, modifying Attribute 1 would trigger calculating Attribute 3 and that would trigger calculating Attribute 4.
You would basically have a chain of calculations if you have a chain of dependencies across several attributes.
as far as I am aware, the calculation is performed as soon as an attribute is changed that the calculated attribut selects as being dependent of. The order is determined by changes in the dependent attributes.
If you have a calculated value Attribute 3 being dependent on Attribute 1 and Attribute 2 the calculation is triggered if any one of the attributes changes. If you have a chain of dependent attributes, e.g. Attribute 4 being dependent on Attribute 3 the calculation should trigger once a dependent attribute is modified. In the case above, modifying Attribute 1 would trigger calculating Attribute 3 and that would trigger calculating Attribute 4.
You would basically have a chain of calculations if you have a chain of dependencies across several attributes.
Comments
With RTC 5.0.2, I have been able to control the order of execution through the naming of my attribute ID's. RTC seems to fire off the calculated value scripts based on the ordering of the the corresponding attribute IDs. Thank you to Lily Wang for tipping me off to this!
So if I have a calculated attribute that needs to be calculated last, I use the following convention when naming my attribute ID: com.myorg.workitem.attribute.zzzMyAttribute