It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does the QTP Adapter have to reside on the same machine where UFT is installed?

Jamie Moore (1111) | asked Nov 05 '15, 9:36 a.m.

Here is my Use Case: I would like to have the QTP Adapter installed on Machine A yet call and execute UFT on Machine B. Is this possible? Additionally, can the QTP Adapter run on a Linux machine?

2 answers

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111157) | answered Nov 05 '15, 7:40 p.m.
Hi Jamie,

There are 2 key components to the UFT adapter. One installs on the RQM server itself and the second is VBscript file, scriptRunner.vbs, that runs the actual automation scripts. That is run on the HP UFT server and the VB cannot run on Linux. And everything I am reading in a quick google search states that UFT does not run on Linux. Is that not the case?

Thanks,
Brett

Comments
Jamie Moore commented Nov 06 '15, 1:10 p.m.

Actually, there is another component...the Adapter Console, where you configure the RQM Connection information. This is a java program that connects to RQM. It is this component that I would like to know if it can be on a different machine than where UFT (and scriptRunner.vbs) reside.

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111157) | answered Nov 06 '15, 2:20 p.m.
The documentation will still refers to 3 components, the 3rd being the help installation.

1. Install the adapter web UI plug-in to the RQM server. This part of the install, extends the RQM server; adding a new adapter type behavior and GUI.
  2. Install the adapter help topics into the RQM Information Center. This part of the install, adds a help topic for the ensuing parts of the installation.
  3. Install the adapter on the machine (either physical or virtual), where HP Quick Test Professional is installed. Repeat this step on each machine that you anticipate executing RQM test scripts that require the HP Quick Test Professional adapter type.
Step #3 above assumes that you are starting launchQTPAdapterConsole.bat on the same machine that scriptRunner.vbs resides (and where HP QTP/UFT is installed) and that must be Windows. So I really do not think your use case of running starting the adapter on a different server than scriptRunner.vbs will work. It is definitely not documented.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.