It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC advisor is not showing in the Precondition

Ahmed Ahmed (48732) | asked Oct 30 '15, 5:24 a.m.

hi,

I have developed a plugin that check summary description of a WorkItem and if this description contains the character "#", the plugin will not let the WorkItem to save. I have used to following link to create the said plugin:

I followed the following procedures:
  1. Created the plugin project   (CheckSummaryAdvisor)
  2.  Added the (com.ibm.team.process.service, com.ibm.team.workitem.common, com.ibm.team. workitem.service, com.ibm.team.process.common, com.ibm.team.repository.common, com.ibm.team.repository.service) dependencies and imported org.eclipse.core.runtime package.
  3. Added the com.ibm.team.proccess.service.operationAdvisors in extensions
  4. Then i wrote the code
  5. Created the featured project and added the plugin which i have created
  6. Created the site project and add the feature
  7. Created the site in the server folder  (\server\conf\ccm\sites\SummaryAdvisor)
  8. Build the site using  PDE Tools -> Build Site
  9. Created the provision file for the site to load.
  10. After completing all the steps, i restart the server. But when i see the preconditions, i did't see the plugin which i have created. During the plugin development i didn't face any issue/error.
I am not able to find out where i am missing. Kindly guide me about this issue

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 30 '15, 6:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 30 '15, 6:35 a.m.
I see this pattern over and over. Users try to follow these blogs that don't really go into the details of how this should be developed and deploy untested extensions to some server and wonder where they are.

Please follow https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ and setup a proper development environment, learn to use it and test your extension with Jetty, before you try to deploy.

I have seen the referenced developerworks article showing up in the same kind of question several times in the past. The chance your extension development works without following the link above and finally doing the Rational Team Concert Extensions Workshop is around 1%. Trying to do it without testing on Jetty first is just a waste of time. You can't cut these corners without loosing a lot more time then you would have spent doing the workshop.

Ahmed Ahmed selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ahmed Ahmed commented Nov 01 '15, 5:05 a.m.

Thanks Ralph..I have followed the said guidelines and successfully deployed. 

One more guidance required. Is it possible to create a work item in another project area based on the existing workitem. For example, I have two project areas in RTC. I have created the workitem in project area 1 and start working on it. I want to apply this condition that when the this workitem reaches the particular state it automatically creates the linked workitem in project area 2.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 02 '15, 3:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, that should be possible. Get the other project area, get the work item type from there and create the work item.

Please accept the correct answer.

One other answer

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Oct 30 '15, 5:39 a.m.
Hi, first: have you restarted your eclipse client? Process definition is cached and when you create new extensions you have to restart it.
Second: are you sure your update site has been correctly loaded? Do you have a look at the provision log on https://yourserverlocation:yourport/ccm/admin?internal page?

Take also a look at the Extension Workshop here: https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.