It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get an Item List to restrict the Item Type to Iteration in the web?

Neal McKegney (551422) | asked Jun 06 '13, 10:06 a.m.
I want to add a list of iterations to a work item. 

I've created the Attribute in the work item of type Item List and added the presentation for the attribute with the property of itemType = com.ibm.team.process.Iteration

In the web client, the attribute shows up, but when I go to add, I get prompted to choose item type.  This does not happen in eclipse. 

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 06 '13, 11:48 a.m.
>I've created the Attribute in the work item of type Item List and added the presentation for the attribute with the property of itemType = com.ibm.team.process.Iteration

could u explain that? 

I do not see a way to limit the choices on any (work) item 'list' type.
I opened and enhancement request for this
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=265971

Comments
Neal McKegney commented Jun 07 '13, 8:59 a.m.

I'm looking at the existing option to select the Item Type for an Item List Attribute.

In the presentation editor, when adding the Item List attribute, you can select a type of item.  Options are:

• Any (let user choose)
  • Category
  • Contributoe
  • Iteration
  • process Area
  • Project Area
  • SCM Component
  • Team Area
  • Work Item
I've selected Iteration in the Item Type, and in Eclipse, it works fine, but in the web client, I still get prompted for the Item Type.

To me, this looks like a Defect, but I just wanted to confirm before logging it

sam detweiler commented Jun 07 '13, 9:50 a.m.

ok, I can repeat your experience in 4.0.1.

I was hoping you selected workitem and had some control of WHICH workitem.

Richard Tweed commented Jan 14 '14, 6:37 a.m.

Just encountered this issue in 4.0.3.  Just wondering - was a Defect raised for this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.