It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connecting RTC to embedded Sametime 9

Rainer Dammers (112) | asked Dec 05 '13, 2:21 p.m.
edited Dec 06 '13, 8:48 a.m.
I am running Notes 9.0.1 with embedded Sametime 9 on RedHat 6.4 and would like to establish the RTC to Sametime bridge again which worked just fine in that combination under Windows 7 until last week when I switched.
Linux is more strict with it's dependency management - it doesn't just check the modul but also the version required. As a result I cannot install the plugin but get the error message below.
Is there a ST9 compatible plugin in the works and what's the ETA? Or is there a workaround to enable the plugin based on newer versions of the dependent modules?

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Dec 05 '13, 6:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You need to use the Insert Image tool for your screenshot -- while you can see it while editing (and I can see it if I edit your question), it does not display in the forum when done that way.

Rainer Dammers commented Dec 06 '13, 8:52 a.m.

Unfortunately inserting an image on Firefox or Opera on Linux does not work either. On Firefox simply nothing happens.

On Opera I get the following error message when attempting to upload the png file:

<jazz.net>

sorry, file uploading requires reputation >60

2 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Dec 05 '13, 6:01 p.m.
I fear the answers are "no" and "no". Searching through unresolved workitems at jazz.net, there are about a dozen that mention Sametime, most of them 3 or more years old, none of them concerned with making a new module for integrating with Sametime 9 (or more importantly, making this work on Linux since it seemed to be okay on Windows).

Doesn't mean we can't do this, but you'll need to push from your end by filing a defect.

And I don't see "the error message below". Were you trying to add an attachment or did you forget to paste it in?

Comments
Rainer Dammers commented Dec 06 '13, 8:58 a.m.

I'll have to upload the error message file when booting windows the next time. In text it says:

"Chatwindow DND Freature Patch for 8.0.1 (1.0.0.200805131418) requires feature com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.chat.feature (8.0.1.20080421-1942)".

With ST9 installed I have a newer version of com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.chat.feature installed. So the dependency check would have to be adjusted (as it is on Win 7) to accept the newer version of the feature.

I'll open a defect.

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 06 '13, 9:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Millard,

you need a certain reputation to attach a screenshot - thanks to the spammers we have to create these rules. It would be possible to upload an image e.g. to dropbox and link back to that.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Dec 06 '13, 12:03 p.m.

I know and I changed it yesterday to be only 11 reputation points -- which one would have if they signed up (1) and validated their email (10). We're trying to make it as accommodating as possible without encouraging a new wave of spam. 

permanent link
Gabriel Borges (314) | answered Oct 15 '14, 10:02 p.m.
I'm trying to achieve the same with a setup pretty similar to yours Millard, but running Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS. Here is another question where I asked for some help:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/162449/rtc-4-and-lotus-notes-v-90-embedded-sametime-integration

I hope we can manage to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.