It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Selective Workspace Load of Specific marked files

David Beange (111364101) | asked Sep 19 '12, 6:30 a.m.
In base clearcase I can apply a label to a number of files and folders then using a view with a config spec pointing to the specified label I can extract only the labeled folders and files.
I am trying to find a way of doing something similar in RTC whereby rather than a project loading with a baseline we can specify and extract easily the related changesets to be accepted

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Sep 19 '12, 9:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Loading the folders/files with a particular property/label in RTC is not currently supported.Also, it is not clear to me what you meant by "we can specify and extract easily the related changesets to be accepted" since that does not have anything to do with loading.

Comments
David Beange commented Sep 19 '12, 9:54 a.m.

Hi, I'm aware of the label aspect not being supported in RTC currently but wondered if there was an equivalent way of doing similar in RTC. We are uisng version 3.0.1.3 currently. We wish to be able to have a process whereby with some easy quick process a deployment team can populate a workspace with only the files and folders needed for a deployment as opposed to loading the workspace with a specific baseline

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Sep 20 '12, 9:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's still not clear to me what you are asking. I suspect the problem is due to the overloaded use of "workspace". I suspect what you are asking for is the ability to load into your local sandbox only some of the files and folders that exist in the Repository Workspace. I'm not sure if this is possible in 3.0.1.x. In 4.0, the load rule support was improved to support this type of use case (see https://jazz.net/library/article/1015).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.