It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Out of the box story points field

jyothi rachakonda (1145) | asked Oct 21 '15, 4:25 p.m.
 Hi,

I am looking at the story form in RTC and all the different fields on the form.There are different fields like 

Analysis Points,Development Points,Test writing,Business Points,Test execution points etc. So when we select values for each of these  points,the Story Points field should automatically add up all the values in each of these fields and display the final number right?

So I selected, 1 as the value for each of the points so Total Story Points should display  as '5',but then it displays 0. Its not adding all the fields and summing it up for me.Is this the intended behavior? Or am I missing something in there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pooja 

Comments
Donald Nong commented Oct 22 '15, 5:30 a.m.

Are you really sure these are out-of-the-box attributes? What version of RTC and what template are you using?

jyothi rachakonda commented Oct 22 '15, 9:28 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Yes all those are the Out of the box attributes.And based on the numbers in all the other fields it calculates the total story points in the "Total Story Points" field.So when we input values in each of those,it should automatically sum the values and display in that field.Right?

I am using RTC 5.0.2 and the template used is "Unconfigured Process".

Shawn Maclaga commented Oct 22 '15, 10:01 a.m.

The Unconfigured process area does not include any "points" attributes. Please double check the project area that you're using an look for any customizations that may have been made.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.