It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migration from v4.0.7 to v5.0.2

Fiona Kundon (1313) | asked Oct 19 '15, 4:27 a.m.
Hi,
I am currently doing a migration from the old server of V4.0.7 to a new server which has V5.0.2.
I've used the repotools options.. while running the repotools-jts -import fromFile=JTSData.tar command
I get the below error and I am unsure as how to move forward:
CRJAZ2403E The version of the data that you are trying to import does not match the version of this tools. the "com.ibm.team.repository" component in the exported file uses version "34".. however , this import tool can handle only version "35".

Any suggestions to clear this error and move forward please?

Thanks
Fiona

Comments
Fiona Kundon commented Nov 13 '15, 3:46 a.m. | edited Dec 25 '15, 7:59 p.m.

Hi Grazielle.
I am having tons of issues with the import.
So I have finally gotten to a point where the  Webspere, CLM v 4 and Db2 is fine.
I do the import on the new server.
I am having issues with authorised keys , sorry I am mighty new at CLM...
and then admin/setup just hangs when I try to go into my projects...

Accepted answer

permanent link
Grazielle Codogno (1536) | answered Oct 19 '15, 9:21 a.m.
 Hi Fiona, 

That message indicates that the version exported isn't the same it's been imported.
So, my understanding is that you're doing 2 different processes for your upgrade:

1) Moving the application to a new server
2) Upgrading the version from 4.0.7 to 5.0.2

right ?

My suggestions is before you move the servers, you upgrade the version from 4.0.7 to 5.0.2 on the same server you'll be move out and them export and move the data to the new server (using repotools).
Or the option is to create the 4.0.7 in the new server and import the data , after the import is done you can move forward and upgrade the tables to 5.0.2

You might also remember, if you're moving the server, you might (not always) need to move your public URL, and then in this case you also might have to perform the server rename process.
If it's the case, I recommend.

1) Create on 4.0.7 environment in the new server
2) Move the data from the old 4.0.7 server to the new server with new 4.0.7 environment
3) Perform the server rename 
4) Upgrade to version 5.0.2
Fiona Kundon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Grazielle Codogno commented Oct 19 '15, 9:22 a.m.

Server rename for 4.0.7 : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_4.0.7/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_server_rename_perform.html?lang=en

Grazielle Codogno commented Oct 19 '15, 9:22 a.m.

Backup before Upgrade: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/BackupCLM

Grazielle Codogno commented Oct 19 '15, 9:25 a.m.

Interactive upgrade guide for 5.0.2 : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html?cp=SSYMRC_5.0.2&lang=en

Fiona Kundon commented Oct 19 '15, 9:54 a.m. | edited Dec 25 '15, 8:04 p.m.

Hi Grazielle.

Yes that is what I am supposed to do!
Appreciate your guidelines, will give it a shot!

Thank you
Fiona

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.