It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I am getting this error even after I have changed the lifecycle template identifier. Why is that?

Maria Amalan (784164) | asked Oct 12 '15, 2:31 a.m.
edited Oct 12 '15, 2:36 a.m.
 I need to create a new Lifecycle Process Template. This process template will reference to new individual tool process templates (RRC, RQM, RTC). These templates have some customizations that have been done. So these are the steps I have followed.
1. Exported the process template for each individual tools and created a new template for each.
2. I have exported the lifecycle template from one of the predefined process templates.
3. I have modified the Identifier, Title, Description, Creator.
4. I have also given the name and ID of the individual process templates.
5. Now, when I am importing this new template, I am getting the following error even though I have modified the process template identifier. Why is this error now appearing?
"Upload failed because there is already a template with the same id"

I have also deleted the old existing template. Even then I am getting this error.

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Oct 13 '15, 12:29 a.m.

I am also using CLM 5.0.2

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 12 '15, 11:46 p.m.
edited Oct 13 '15, 8:48 p.m.
It works for me with CLM 5.0.2. The error only occurs if I import a template with a duplicate identifier. What version of CLM are you using?

Edit to add: Found a cause of the error message - an invalid identifier (e.g. the identifier contains a space).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.