It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings.

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Oct 11 '15, 1:39 p.m.
I found this in the BF v8 php_error.log, what does this mean and how to fix it? Thanks. Jirong

[11-Oct-2015 13:31:28 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for '-4.0/DST' instead in D:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Build Forge1\webroot\public\javascripts\translator.js.php on line 37

Accepted answer

permanent link
Pritesh Patel (12246) | answered Oct 15 '15, 6:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Jirong,

The error is suggesting that a certain PHP setting (date/timezone) may not be set or is incorrectly set. This setting in in a file called php.ini. I suspect that the php.ini under the "...BuildForge\Apache\php\php.ini" would be the likely one. 

Can you try editing the above php.ini and amending or adding the date/timezone entry. You will need to re-start BF Engine also. 

For example:
date.timezone = America/New_York

The following technote may also help:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1016839

I hope that the above helps in getting you past the errors. If the issue persists, let me know and we can take a closer look. 

Many thanks,
Pritesh...

Jirong Hu selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jirong Hu commented Oct 17 '15, 11:25 a.m.

The error is gone after add this. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.