It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exception communicating with endpoint server after build forge upgrade

Alex Hudici (1113) | asked Apr 16 '14, 10:18 a.m.
edited Apr 16 '14, 2:26 p.m.
 After upgrading from Build Forge 8.0 to 8.0.0.1 my scripts fail at any part that contains a reference to an environment variable (${var}). Whether they are defined by me or are build variables (${BF_PROJECTNAME}).

All of the documentation sites that the "Exception communicating with endpoint server" error appears on state that it is caused by:

"If you use the .bset command with backtick and the target script output with a non-zero exit code, Java MJC reports the error message"

I have been using this script just fine in 8.0 and the step it fails at is 
.bset env "BuildStoreDir=D:\\buildForgeTemp\\${BF_PROJECTNAME}\\BUILD_${B}"
I've tried with other environment variables and build variables, for example if I remove ${BF_PROJECTNAME} and just leave ${B}.

***********************************************************EDIT*************************************************************

Noticed that not all output types are loading (STEP     MANIFEST     AUTH     MAP     SET     EXEC     MKDIR     MJC     SSL     ENV     SCRIPT     RESULT  versus what I get:   STEP     MANIFEST     MJC     EXEC     ERROR)

Not sure why this is happening. I have a small 1 step test script that just creates a text file, and that one loads all of the output types where as my main script does not. Both have been around before the update. This causes the environment variables to not be loaded and therefore it doesn't know what BF_PROJECTNAME is. 

I guess my question now is why all of the output variable types aren't loading.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.