It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - RBF integration : Why doesn't triggering build in RBF work?

Greg Hodgkinson (2092120) | asked Jun 14 '13, 7:34 a.m.
I've successfully set up two synchronized build definitions between RTC and RBF.

The first is a simple hello world build that I wrote in RBF. I can now trigger this from either RTC or RBF and both work fine.

The second is an existing RTC build (definition). I can trigger this fine from RTC and it is offloading the build work to RBF fine and behaving propertly. However when I trigger the project in RBF it fails with the following message on the step that is loading the files from the Jazz SCM....
6/14/13 5:47 AM		EXEC	2013-06-14 05:47:08 [Jazz build engine] CRRTC3526W: Warning: Build engine with UUID "default" does not exist in the repository or user "jazzbuild" does not have permission to access it.
407	6/14/13 5:47 AM		EXEC	2013-06-14 05:47:08 [Jazz build engine] No requests found.
408	6/14/13 5:47 AM		EXEC	2013-06-14 05:47:08 [Jazz build engine] Exiting JBE after completing single build request, RC=1.
409	6/14/13 5:47 AM		EXEC	CRRTC3529I: Completed JBE execution, RC=1.
410	6/14
I assume I should be able to trigger the project either directly in RBF or from linked RTC build definition?

The problem looks to be that the properties in the RBF environment are still set to "default" which is causing issues when trying to integrate back to RTC.

Can anyone offer advice on this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jun 14 '13, 8:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 In this case no, you won't be able to run the build in RBF.  The reason is it depends on a build result in RTC as well as the other RTC properties that are set at build time.  So running in RBF alone won't work.  If you need to run the build in RTC as well as RBF independently you would need to come up with a method that either takes into account the JBE requirements without requiring the use of a  RTC build result or use the SCM commandline to do the load with some BF environment values to use in case the RTC values are not in place.

~Spencer
Greg Hodgkinson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Greg Hodgkinson commented Jun 14 '13, 8:55 a.m.

OK thanks for confirming. That is a pity as I'd hoped that both the RTC users as well as the RBF users would be able to execute these builds. Sounds like that isn't so straightforward.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.