It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard Report Results Do Not Match its Query Preview


Nate Decker (37812652) | asked Oct 07 '15, 3:30 p.m.

I have created a report in RPE that I've deployed to RTC as a report resource. I deployed it twice, once as a standard report resource and again as a Micro report resource (so that I can display it in dashboard widgets).

When I run the report outside of a dashboard, I get results as expected. However, when I configure an instance of the Micro report on a dashboard, I get no results. The query appears to run for a few seconds, before displaying the "No results were found" message. It seems like it might be timing out or something though because when I configure this dashboard widget and specify the query parameters, there is an option to "preview" the results. The preview window shows results as expected. It's just when the dashboard tries to actually run that it fails.

Is there a timeout setting in the server properties which I need to tweak in order to get this to work?

It seems that others have had similar issues in the past. For example: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/136326/no-results-were-found-in-a-birt-report-on-dashboard

I don't think I can configure the RPE report as an image though. The report does contain some images, but it is primarily a table first and foremost. I've had success in the past showing a table created via RPE in the dashboard with a different report so it seems like it should be possible. I'm not sure why it would work for one report and not another.

One answer



permanent link
Nate Decker (37812652) | answered Oct 07 '15, 3:40 p.m.
I believe I've found a solution. I put a 1x1 pixel image as the very first element in the template. This seems to have bypassed the checks in RTC and allowed the report to be displayed.

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.