It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT - Hyperlink to run a dynamic work item query

Guenther Jornitz (517) | asked Sep 27 '15, 3:20 p.m.
Hi,

I have a chart aggregating a list of workItem IDs based on some filter criteria... I want to execute an existing dynamic query (by the hyperlink magic) passing on a set of workItem IDs. I created a (dummy) dynamic query (w/ some number of columns to be displayed). When I run this in the webclient, I'm asked to pass on a list of IDs..  and resulting in the appropriate display.
Q: Is there a way to pass on the relevant IDs from a Birt report if the customer clicks on the chart bar via the hyperlink magic?

Any help/suggestions appreciated.
Guenther

Comments
Guenther Jornitz commented Oct 09 '15, 2:30 a.m.

Additional details:
The request I'm using using jsonParameterValues is as follows:
    https://xxxxx:8052/jazz/web/projects/yyyy #action=com.ibm.team.workitem.runSavedQuery&id=_G5Pj8GTqEeW_a_znQFYvCQ&filterAttribute=id&jsonParameterValues={"id2":{"attributeId":"id","operator":"is","values":[200009,200010],"variables":[]}}&maxResults=50&projectAreaItemId=_xNY7cMzrEeCeP-edQ3dTlQ&startIndex=0

This was copied from info I extracted from firebug... I always get the following error:
   Error: com.ibm.team.repository.web.transport.ServiceRequest(): invalid requestParameters parameter: [object Object]
What am I doing wrong?
Guenther

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.4k314) | answered Oct 13 '15, 8:57 p.m.
You will get the exact same error if you try to open the link in a browser. The internal API that you try to use is a POST operation, but with "clicking" or "pasting" the link, you are doing a "GET" operation. There is no guarantee that you can achieve the same functionality with a GET operation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.