It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT - Hyperlink to run a dynamic work item query

Guenther Jornitz (5410) | asked Sep 27 '15, 3:20 p.m.
Hi,

I have a chart aggregating a list of workItem IDs based on some filter criteria... I want to execute an existing dynamic query (by the hyperlink magic) passing on a set of workItem IDs. I created a (dummy) dynamic query (w/ some number of columns to be displayed). When I run this in the webclient, I'm asked to pass on a list of IDs..  and resulting in the appropriate display.
Q: Is there a way to pass on the relevant IDs from a Birt report if the customer clicks on the chart bar via the hyperlink magic?

Any help/suggestions appreciated.
Guenther

Comments
Guenther Jornitz commented Oct 09 '15, 2:30 a.m.

Additional details:
The request I'm using using jsonParameterValues is as follows:
    https://xxxxx:8052/jazz/web/projects/yyyy #action=com.ibm.team.workitem.runSavedQuery&id=_G5Pj8GTqEeW_a_znQFYvCQ&filterAttribute=id&jsonParameterValues={"id2":{"attributeId":"id","operator":"is","values":[200009,200010],"variables":[]}}&maxResults=50&projectAreaItemId=_xNY7cMzrEeCeP-edQ3dTlQ&startIndex=0

This was copied from info I extracted from firebug... I always get the following error:
   Error: com.ibm.team.repository.web.transport.ServiceRequest(): invalid requestParameters parameter: [object Object]
What am I doing wrong?
Guenther

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 13 '15, 8:57 p.m.
You will get the exact same error if you try to open the link in a browser. The internal API that you try to use is a POST operation, but with "clicking" or "pasting" the link, you are doing a "GET" operation. There is no guarantee that you can achieve the same functionality with a GET operation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.