It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS Next Generation(5.x/6.x) Linking Artifact to Iterations

Kapil Raikar (2359) | asked Sep 24 '15, 3:04 a.m.
Whats the purpose of iteration (Timeline - Iterations)?
Can we link an Artifact to an Iteration? If yes how to do it from web client?

-Kapil

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 24 '15, 8:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Artifacts managed by the RM application are linked to items in the work item system (managed by the CCM application). Both capabilities are part of the RDNG user license. The work items can be part of a plan, which can have iterations.  In general we recommend using work items to indicate the release in which a requirement is being delivered, since a  requirement often will live beyond the iteration or release in which it was first addressed in an implementation.

Comments
Kapil Raikar commented Sep 24 '15, 9:10 a.m.

I am not sure if i fully understand this. We only have RM installed, we don't have CCM installed.

For this setup please let us know the purpose of using iterations or how to link iterations to Artifacts. 

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Sep 25 '15, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 DNG currently doesn't make timelines/iterations available as a data type to be used for attributes (such as a planned for).  

permanent link
Cheryl Fanello (11) | answered Nov 06 '15, 4:02 p.m.
I have the same question. In RDNG, in the project area properties, there are 2 items on the left - timelines and iterations.  But neither are exposed within the area for the artifacts. If teams are not using RTC, you would think these could be leveraged but not so.   I do not have 6.x yet so I don't know if there are there or have been expanded. I am on 5.02. ifix008.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.