It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Display attributes in from a linked attribute

Jeff Hoellein (1115) | asked Jul 23 '15, 1:03 p.m.
 I am trying to display the attributes from a linked artifact.  I am successuful for some attributes, but not with others.  I created three attributes, and I get 1 to display but the others won't.  Does anyone seem to have this problem with DOORS NG? 

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 28 '15, 5:24 a.m.

It will be helpful to clarify what exactly you're trying to do. For example, in which view do you want to display the "linked attributes"? What attributes can you display and what not?

Adrian Haw commented Mar 02 '17, 1:42 p.m. | edited Mar 02 '17, 1:43 p.m.

Hi Jeff

Sounds like you're coming from a DOORS 'classic' background and want an equivalent of DXL attributes -> not possible in DOORS NG (at least not possible without creating a widget, which isn't anywhere near as easy or flexible when you also want to follow links as working in classic with DXL - there is no wizard creator in DNG to meet your needs as per DOORS).

Closest you can get with DOORS  NG out of the box is to select a link type attribute and in the formatting option pick 1-4(?) attributes to display in the link type column in a view - note that DOORS NG is different to DOORS 9 in that not all attributes are bound to every object - the DNG equivalent is attributes bound to an artifact type e.g.: an artifact type 'requirement' has attributes 'status', 'priority' and an artifact type 'information' has 'status' but not 'priority'. If you have links to an 'information' artifact type there will be nothing to display for an attribute 'priority' as this is not bound to information only to requirement.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.