It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

oslc 2: query to search by plannedFor title ?

Sian O'Briain (35921) | asked Sep 23 '15, 12:09 p.m.
edited Sep 23 '15, 12:11 p.m.
The documentation states:

Partial Representations

Getting partial representations is especially useful in conjunction with query results. Top-level and nested properties of the change request resources in the matching members list can be specified using the oslc.select query parameter. It is like the SELECT clause of a SQL statement.

Change Requests owned by a user
Query Parameters
Name Value
oslc.where dcterms:contributor{foaf:name="Bill Cassavelli"}
oslc.select dcterms:contributor{*}

so in my case I want to use oslc.where rtc_cm:plannedFor{dcterms:title="Release1"}

but I get 404 back, only way I can search is by oslc.where rtc_cm:plannedFor="IterationURL"

Any ideas?

Thanks

p.s. sorry for the formatting I can't seem to remove the links on this

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 24 '15, 12:46 a.m.
Note quite sure why it failed on you. It works for me if I use a filter such as oslc.where=rtc_cm:plannedFor{dcterms:title="Sprint 1"} with RTC 5.0.2. I have no luck with custom attributes though.
Sian O'Briain selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sian O'Briain commented Sep 24 '15, 4:59 a.m.

Thanks Donald,

It actually started working for me even though I gave the exact same parameters. I now face the same problem with the rtc_cm:foundIn attribute. e.g.

oslc.where=rtc_cm:foundIn{dcterms:title="Release1"}
oslc.select=rtc_cmfoundIn{*}

not sure what I did to get the plannedFor field working!

Sian O'Briain commented Sep 24 '15, 5:35 a.m.

also want to add I can return results by using the full link just not by using dcterms. e.g.

oslc.where=rtc_cm:foundIn="https://repo:9443/ccm/resource/itemOid/com.ibm.team.workitem.Deliverable/deliverable_uuid"

Any help much appreciated

Donald Nong commented Sep 24 '15, 11:24 p.m.

I think it's a matter of whether it is supported rather than how to do it. If I understand correctly, not all attributes support nested properties in query capability. Support in oslc.select does not guarantee support in oslc.where. It seems that you can verify whether nested properties are supported by using the query editor in the Web GUI - if you can expand the attribute, such as "Planned For", nested properties are supported; otherwise no. Just my observation though.

Sian O'Briain commented Sep 25 '15, 8:13 a.m.

Thanks Donald, I can defo expand on FoundIn, I will keep trying. Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.