It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing work items from a csv file into RTC does not bring over states correctly

nannette Mori (50575) | asked Sep 08 '15, 2:49 p.m.

I am importing work items from a csv. file but the state is defaulting to the first state of "Submitted"  I am not getting any errors.  I checked the workflow state numbers in the Process configuration source to verify they were correct in the mapping file....they were correct.  I am not sure what it could be.  Below is what I  have in my mapping file for the states

</attribute>

<attribute sourceId ="Start Date" targetId="startDate"/>

<attribute sourceId="State Transitions" targetId="internalStateTransitions"/>

<attribute sourceId="Status" targetId="com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.state">

<value sourceId="Submitted" targetID="ai.workflow.state.s1"/>

<value sourceId="Resolution" targetID="ai.workflow.state.s2"/>

<value sourceId="Concurrence" targetID="ai.workflow.state.s3"/>

<value sourceId="NonConcurrenct" targetID="ai.workflow.state.s4"/>

<value sourceId="Closed" targetID="ai.workflow.state.s5"/>

I tried different states so verify it was not just certain states not coming over correctly.  I also imported to workitems into different projects to see if the behavior was different .....it was not.  Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Comments
nannette Mori commented Sep 08 '15, 2:50 p.m.

I did put in the closing </attribute> ...I just forgot to put in the example.

Lily Wang commented Sep 08 '15, 8:39 p.m.

What's your RTC version?

Could you please paste the state XML code of the project process configuration source?
In addition, is the work item type correctly mapped?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.